- 10% of the world’s population is left-handed.
- Famous left-handed people include Napoleon, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Einstein,Newton, Bill Gates, Oprah, Obama and Jimi Hendrix.
- 40% of schizophrenics are left-handed, despite being only 10% of the world’s population.
- Every August 13th is celebrated “Left-Handers Day” since 1996.
- Right-handed people tend to chew food on the right side while left-handed tend tochew on the left side.
- More than 2,500 left-handedpeople are killed every year by using equipment meant for right-handed people.
Left-handers die 3 years earlier than right-handed people.
There are more left-handedpeople with IQs over 140than right-handed people, a study found.
Premature babies are more likely to be left-handed, many studies suggest.
Homosexuals are 39% more likely to be left-handed.
Left-handed soldiersprepare and throwgrenades upside downbecause of how the safety pin is placed.
- Inherited genes account for just25% of the chance of being left-handed, a study found.
- Left-handed people areaffected by post-traumatic stress far more than those who are right-handed, a research revealed.
- Left-handed people earnup to 12% less than right-handed people, a study found.
- Left-handed people process thingsfaster than righties while playing computer games or sports.
- Left-handed people process multiple stimuli faster than righties.
- Left-handed people have an increased cognitive flexibility, switching quickly between thinking about two concepts.