- Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
- Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour.
- An adult human being is made up of around 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms.
- A human baby has over 60 more bonesthan an adult.
- There are 100,000 miles of blood vessels in an adult human body
- An average person produces about25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime, enough to fill two swimming pools.
- Your body has enough iron in it to make a metal nail 3 inches long.
We all have tiny mites living in our eyelashes.
The strongest musclein the human body is the masseter (jaw muscle).
Sweat itself is odorless.It’s the bacteria on the skin that mingles with it and produces body odor.
Having excessivebody hair is linked to a higher intellect.
Ears and Nose never stop growing.
- Similar to fingerprints, everyone also has a Unique Tongue Print.
When awake, the human brain produces enough electricity to power a small light bulb.
Human Bones are ounce for ounce, stronger than steel.
People with blue eyes have a higheralcohol tolerance.
- The human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colors.
- We spend about 10% of our waking hours with our eyes closed, blinking.
- If the human eye was a digital camera it would have 576 megapixels.
- All of the bacteria in our body collectively weighs about 4 pounds.
- The human body produces about a litre (0.26 gal) of mucus per day.
- There are more than 100 types of cancers; any part of the body can be affected.
- Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to.
- Your brain uses 20% of the total oxygen and blood in your body.
- Your bones are composed of 31% water.
- There’re more bacteria in your mouththan there are people in the world.
- Every day, yourheart creates enough energy todrive a truck for 20 miles (32 km).
- If uncoiled, the DNA in all the cells in your body would stretch 10 billion miles, from here to Pluto and back.
- Most of the dust underneath your bed is actually your own dead skin
- Within three days of death, the enzymes that once digested your dinner begin to eat you.
- Sleeping less than 7 hours each night reduces your life expectancy.
- In a lifetime, your brain’s long-term memory can hold as many as 1 quadrillion (1 million billion) separate bits of information.
- The gastro intestinal tract is a 30-foot (9 m) tube running from your mouth to your anus.
- Your heart will pump nearly 1.5 million barrels of blood during your lifetime, enough to fill 200 train tank cars.
- Your heart can keepbeating even if it isseparated from the bodybecause it has its own electrical impulse.
- Your brain keeps developing until your late 40s.
- Our lungs and nasal passages have exquisitely tiny hairscalled cilia that can”taste” bitter flavors.
- When you take one step, you are using up to 200 muscles.
- The chemical elementsthat make up your bodyare worth around US$160.
- Human fingers can feel objects assmall as 13 nanometers. If your finger was the size of the Earth, you would feel the difference between houses and cars.
- The highest recorded body temperature in a human being was a fever of 115.7°F (46.5°C)
- The human heart is not on the left-hand side of the body; it’s in the middle.
- Half of your genes describe the complex design of your brain, with theother half describing the organization of the other 98% of your body.
- Your taste budsare replacedevery 10 days.
- The average age of a human fat cell is 10 years.
- There is no scientific evidence that shaving or waxing will make your hair come back thicker.
- If your stomach acid got onto your skin it would burn a hole in it.
- 1 in 10,000 people has their internalorgans reversed or “mirrored” from their normal positions
- Without your pinky finger, you would lose about 50%of your hand strength.
- Your lungs can hold up to 5 minutes worth of oxygen.
- Scars continue to look the same year after year because, while skin cells are replaced periodically, the underlying collagen is not.
- The human body emits upwards of 10^6 biological particles per hour, creating a detectible microbial cloudinto surrounding indoor air.
- A nano metre is about as much as your nails grows every second.
- Men’s Testicles hang between the legs to keep cool because sperm dies at body temperature.
- 1 out of every 200 people have an extra rib.
- Your mouth is made of the same skin cells as a vagina.
- Muscle comes from the Latin musculus, which means”little mouse,” because a flexed muscle was thought to resemble a mouse.
- While receiving a single tattoo temporarily weakens your immune system,receiving several tattoos over time could strengthen it.
- Liars blink less frequently than normal during the lie, and then speed up to around eight times faster than usual afterwards.
- You spend 10% of your waking life blinking.
- Some non-redheaded men have red beards because they have one copy of theMC1R gene. Two copies would make them fully redheads.
- More than 3% of people are born withphonagnosia: they can’t recognize thevoices of familiar people.